Develop and Scan Services
Got a film you want developed and scanned? Want to trust it to someone who cares about your film as if it were their own? Look no further Splendid is here!
We started Splendid to offer an affordable, high quality film processing and scanning service. (Yes, typically those two don’t go hand in hand but we can do it!) We shoot film ourselves so we will treat them as if they are our own and we'll make sure that you're 100% happy with our service.
Our service is pretty straight forward:
- Use the products below to ‘purchase’ your developing and scanning. Please purchase one service per film and select the type of film you have.
- Send the film to us or drop it in to our Tāmaki Makauarau Auckland Store at 460 Karangahape Road or our Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington Store at 85 Ghuznee St, Te Aro, Wellington, we’ll develop and scan as per your order.
- We’ll share the files back to you using Google Drive (please provide Gmail account if you have one).
- We’ll hold onto your negatives until you have a stack or you can select the freight option at checkout ($6 Nationwide) and we’ll ship them back as soon as the job is completed.
Using Noritsu Transport Processors we’ll develop your film with tender care and love. We use Champion RA chemistry and monitor our chems using Kodak Control Strips to ensure your negatives are developed so they last a lifetime or two.
Using Ilford’s LC29 and our Jobo Processors we small batch process black and white films with similar times. We use single shot chemistry to ensure each roll is correctly developed, stopped and fixed.
Develop and Scan - Social Resolution
- Resolution is 1200 x 1800 pixels (at 135 format, 120 is 1200 pixels on the shortest edge)
- This service is ideal for Social Media use and as proof scans.
Develop and Scan - Medium Resolution
- Resolution is 2400 x 3600 pixels (at 135 format,120 is 2400 pixels on the shortest edge)
- This service is ideal for printing (up to 8x12 inches) or just so you have more flexibility.
Each service has three turn around time options; 1 Week, 3 Day and FAST (same/next day.) These times are from when we receive films and final payment.
Please Note: Scanning is pretty much an art-form so if you get your scans back and you're not happy (for any reason) please do not hesitate to reach out to us and let us know. We very much welcome feedback, both positive and negative.