Take an inspiring walk with legendary photographer Daido Moriyama while he explains his groundbreaking approach to street photography. For over half a century, Moriyama has provided a distinct vision of Japan and its people. Here he offers a unique opportunity for fans to learn about his methods, the cameras he uses, and the journeys he takes with a camera.
Thanks to our friends at Unity Books, Thames and Hudson Au/NZ and Lomography Au/NZ we have a copy of 'How I Take Photographs' and a Lomography Simple Use B&W Film Camera to giveaway. We're looking for your favourite street photograph taken by you! Simply upload your photo on either Instagram or Facebook and tag us with #splendiddaido. Also remember to follow both Unity Books and us on whichever site you tag us in. Full terms and conditions below.
- One copy of Daido Moriyama's 'How I Take Photographs' book
- One Lomography Simple Use Film Camera (B&W) shipped anywhere in NZ.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- By entering the competition or promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Entrants must tag #splendiddaido on their favourite 'Street Photograph' taken by the entrant and shared on either Facebook or Instagram.
- Entrant must follow Unity Books and Splendid on the social media platform where they share their entry. Splendid's: Facebook page link and Instagram feed link. Unity Books: Facebook page link and Instagram feed link.
- Entries accepted from 2nd - 23rd September 2019.
- 'Street Photograph' defined by photography conducted for art or enquiry that features unmediated chance encounters and random incidents within public places.
- We want your favourite street photograph so only one entry per person accepted.
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents only.
- The prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner announced via Splendid Newsletter Friday 20th September. Sign up here.